Monday, July 25, 2011

Book Review CHILDREN OF THE LOST MOON By Gabrielle Blue

Cover Image
Title: Children of the Lost Moon
Author: Gabrielle Blue
Pages: 241 Pages
Format I Read It In: Paperback

Summary: Seventeen-year-old Savannah Henderson has but one dream, to hold the Olympic gold in saber fencing. A new fencing coach promises to make her Olympic dream a reality. However, he is not what he seems and she finds her life taking a bizarre, dangerous turn as she is thrust headlong into a war between two impossible, mythical species, one bent on destroying the human race, the other determined to protect it. (Barnes and Noble)
My Thoughts: Can I just start off by saying that from the time I got back from the mailbox to the amount of time it took me to finish, not even half a day passed? That's right, read this in ONE sitting (that's saying something!). Savannah Henderson has earned a spot as one of my favorite female protagonists of all times. Right off the bat, she came to me as strong, determined, with a touch of stubborn. We seriously need to see more of that in YA lit.! Luke, oh Luke..he is the perfect soul mate, and no I'm not being a swoony 16 year old school girl right now, I'm dead serious when I say that even though perfection is impossible, Luke is pretty darn close! He is protective, caring, and all in all wonderful, but he doesn't baby Savananh like an over-bearing boyfriend. He knows when to back off and just let her do her own thing. The pacing was fantastic in this book! All of the romance (which wasn't TOO sappy!!) was balanced with epic fight scenes that had me gnawing on my nails (not kidding you here!). The dialogue was magnificent, and although it had a bit of a Twilight-feel to it, it still was very original. Believe me when I say that if you haven't read this book yet, do it ASAP, because it has been days since I've finished it, but I still go back and reread my favorite parts. I just can't seem to leave it on my bookshelf for long!

1 comment:

I would love to hear your thoughts!