Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Gifted Expo a success? I think...YES!

Hey all! Last night was the Gifted Expo as some of you already know. If not, it was the night, all of the Critical Thinking Gifted students presented their semester-long projects. It was super fun, a lot more fun than I expected it to be! I met some really cool people who love to read (just like me) and some who wanted to give reading a chance (or try to get their kids to read!). Every Gifted student had their own booth in which we would display our projects while guests wandered around the two gyms and the halls looking at them and talking to the students. So, you could say that it was somewhat like a "science fair" setup, only I assure you it was A LOT more exciting! This blog was my gifted project, and at first I was thinking of getting through the semester and posting random book reviews, but after last night I've come to realize that this project has turned out to be a lot bigger than I expected. Many wonderful people asked me for the link to this blog and talked to me about books they like. Thank you to all of them! They really made me feel proud of what I've accomplished. Due to them, I've decided that this blog has become too big of a chunk of my life to let go. So, here's my promise to you all, I am still going to to read, review, and suggest books even though Gifted is technically over! I'm not giving up..not yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!